Community Sport Coaching Course: April 15-16
Apply for a Coaching Scholarship: https://www.vortexwaterpolo.ca/content/vortex-coaching-scholarships
Manitoba Water Polo Association is hosting a WPC Community Sport 2-day workshop.
- April 22 & 23, 2023 April 15 & 16, 2023 *New Date*
Facilitator: Evan Andrews
- Dr. Evan J. Andrews has held many roles in water polo in Saskatchewan, Ontario, and Canada. Notably, he is one of Canada's World Aquatics referees, and is a domestic referee developer, contributor to Safe Sport in water polo, and coach learning facilitator. As a coach, he has led teams of all ages, with particular expertise in coaching younger age groups. His coaching has been recognized nationally with Most Valuable Coach awards during the national championship events. When not engaged with water polo activities, Evan is a social scientist and university instructor at Memorial University of Newfoundland delivering courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- This course is ideal for individuals thinking about coaching a community team or a school league team. This course is an important component to the current MWPA coaching screening policy and requirements to coach in Manitoba.
- Must have a current MWPA/WPC membership.
- No evaluation is required for this context. No PD points are required for this coaching context.
To be Considered Trained as a Community Sport Coach, you must have the following
- WPC requirements: NCCP Community Sport Course, NCCP Making Ethical Decisions, NCCP Teaching and Learning, NCCP Planning a Practice
- MWPA requirements: all WPC requirements, plus: a community-level membership, Respect in Sport, NCCP Making Headway in Sport, NCCP Safesport, CRC including a vulnerable sector check and a CARC.
Register for the Course
- Enter your account information and password. Click on the participant button. The course only requires a community-level membership when selecting the drop-down box.